Artpace San Antonio, a nonprofit residency program supporting artists, is hosting an open call for submissions by Texas artists for Artpace’s 2022 International Artist-In-Residence program. The goal of the program is to give Texan artists from multiple disciplines resources and support to allow them to create new art for eight weeks.
The deadline for submissions is August 21, 2020, at 5 p.m. and artists can apply online.
Residency with Artpace includes a living stipend, travel expenses, a materials budget, an apartment, and a studio/exhibition space. Residents will have access to metal and wood workshops, technical and administrative support, and a digital media studio. The residency culminates in a two-month exhibition of new work at Artpace with an exhibition opening and artist talk.
Submissions will be reviewed by three guest curators and chosen based on the interests of the curator as well as the curator’s vision for the residency.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Applicants must be living and working in Texas for at least one year prior to applying to be considered.
- Because of hardships that artists are facing due to COVID-19, Artpace is waiving the $15 application fee.
- Applicants from other states or countries will not be considered. Current students, Artpace staff, and members of Artpace’s Board of Directors, as well as their spouses or domestic partners and immediate family, are not eligible to apply.
- Past Artpace artist residents are not eligible for future Artpace residencies.
- Must include a resume with five-page(s) maximum, and work examples: 6 – 20
- Artists are allowed to apply in teams.
- Artists applying as a team must split the allotted number of work examples between themselves.
Questions about the application process? Contact Artpace via email or call 210.212.4900. To keep up-to-date with Artpace’s events and exhibitions, visit the Artpace website, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.