Every year, TACA – The Arts Community Alliance – gathers folks for a timely conversation about important topic in the arts.
This year, the arts fundraising group is pushing things in a new direction. They’re opening up the conversation and turning it into an event, with performances and artist statements. If you can’t make it out, Art&Seek will livestream the conversation, so you can watch from home.
The topic: REIMAGINE: The Future of the Arts
The details: Monday, Nov. 15 from 4-8 p.m. at On the Levee, or streaming right here on Art&Seek. (Bookmark this page.)
The brief: The arts and culture community is generally struggling with the dynamics of the pandemic, the Nation’s racial justice reckoning and the sheer weight of uncertainty and change. Who’s thriving in this new emerging world? How are traditional arts institutions – museums, symphonies, regional theaters, presenters, and producers adapting and disrupting? What is the role of the artist within this new landscape? How does innovation look at this moment and into the future?
- Lauren Ruffin – Co-Founder of Crux (Albuquerque, NM) + former Co-CEO of Fractured Atlas
- Ilknur Ozgur – Founding Member, Artstillery (Dallas, TX)
- Robert Van Leer – SVP Artistic Planning, John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (Washington, DC)
The moderator: Clyde Valentín, director of SMU Ignite/Arts Dallas: A Center for People, Purpose + Place.
- Vicki Meek – Artist Witness (via pre-recorded video)
- Jonathan Norton – Artist Witness (live)
- Michael Lagocki – Graphic artist facilitator
- RonAmber Deloney – aka, DJ Skinpolitik