• READING LOG: Print off another log if you’ve run out of room from last month! We encourage you to visit your local library to stock up on this month’s reading. Any book counts, but we’ve included suggestions below.
• JULY CALENDAR: Save or print out July’s Summer Learning Challenge calendar.
Match up the resources called for in the July calendar:
Week of July 2
7/3: Create a Wild Kratts Nature Journal
7/5: Write-it-Wednesday: Watch Wild Kratts: “Pangolin Rescue Mission” and complete a wildlife journal entry.
7/7: Chocolate Day! Experiment and decide on your favorite chocolate recipes.
7/8: Rainbow created by water activity
7/8: Suggested rainbow reading: What Makes a Rainbow?: A Magic Ribbon Book by Betty Ann Schwartz
Week of July 9
7/15: Archaeologist Ice Excavation activity
7/15: Archaeology suggested reading: Patterns in Peru: An Adventure in Patterning by Cindy Neuschwander
Week of July 16
7/16: Don’t forget the Wild Kratt’s Alaska: Hero’s Journey movie screening at 2pm at Alamo Drafthouse – Cedars.
7/20: Download and print a Moon Journal
7/20: Moon-related activities
7/20: Suggestions for books about the moon:
• The Moon Seems to Change by Franklyn M. Branley
• Mousetronaut: Based on a (Partially) True Story by Mark Kelly
• The Moon Book by Gail Gibbons
7/21: Download Wild Kratts Creature Power app
Week of July 23
7/23: Listen to African Savannah music while reading! Suggested books:
• Baby Animals in Savanna Habitats by Bobbie Kalman
• Tree of Life: The World of the African Baobab by Barbara Bash
• Over in the Grasslands: On an African Savanna by Marianne Berkes
7/24: Amelia Earhart Day suggested reading:
• Amelia and Eleanor Go For A Ride by Pam Munoz Ryan
• A Picture Book of Amelia Earhart by David A. Adler
Week of July 30